The 8" Parallelogram Jointer offers performance and value in a machine loaded with features. The cutterhead is a helical design with 54 four-sided knife inserts '" these produce a superior finish and much quieter operation than conventional cutterheads, and the inserts do not require adjustment once installed. The Jointer has an extra long 82" bed for better work support and is equipped with an innovative single handwheel design that tilts the fence in and out with positive stops at +/-45 and 90 degrees. A non-mar insert in the fence contacts the table to avoid scratching the surface during adjustments. The parallelogram design keeps the table in close proximity to the cutterhead for improved finish and allows for a fast depth of cut adjustment. This design also insures the table remains perfectly parallel, even after years of heavy use. The 2HP motor is totally enclosed in a heavy steel stand, providing plenty of power and stability for the most demanding jobs.
- Helical cutterhead with knife inserts provides smoother, quieter cutting and finer finish than conventional systems
- Extra long 82" table for expanded work support
- Parallelogram design helps maintain table parallelism and eases table raising and lowering
- Handwheel with worm gear system for precise fence tilting (Patented)
- 1/8" depth of cut limiter for fast table positioning
- High-mount switch for operator convenience
- No-mar fence insert protects table