Makita XGD01PT 18V X2 (36V) LXT Brushless Earth Auger 5.0Ah Kit
Earn Tool Nut points on this item!
How can we help?
Ask our Tool Experts!
With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless Earth Auger Kit (XGD01PT) is a welcome solution for landscapers. The earth auger provides high-performance digging with even and consistent holes. It is ideal for post-hole digging, fence installation, large planting jobs, soil sampling, and construction projects.
The Makita-built brushless motor delivers power equivalent to a 36cc gas earth auger. The XGD01PT can drill holes up to 8” wide and 41” deep. The extension bar, auger bit and blades are sold separately. There are 2 speed options (0-350 RPM, 0-1,400 RPM) to manage power and run time. A reverse switch clears the earth auger bit from high-resistance soil.
Other features include built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area, Automatic Speed Change to adjust drill speed and torque during drilling, and a torque limiter, which is a built-in clutch that reduces gear damage by disengaging gears if the bit binds.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts with reduced maintenance and low noise levels
- Makita-built BL™ Brushless Motor delivers power of a 36cc gas earth auger
- Drill holes up to 8" wide and 41" deep (extension bar, auger bit and blades sold separately)
- High performance digging with even and consistent holes for landscaping, construction and soil sampling
- Ideal for post-hole digging, fence installation, large planting jobs and construction projects
- 2 speed options (Low: 0-350 RPM, High: 0-1,400 RPM) for power and run time management
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts drill speed and torque during drilling
- Reverse switch for clearing earth auger bit from high resistance soil
- Torque limiter; built-in clutch reduces gear damage by disengaging gears if the bit binds (low speed only)
- Metal-gear housing increases tool durability and extends reliability
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Includes chuck key with convenient on-tool storage
- Earth auger bits, blades and optional extension bar sold separately
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
- (1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
- (1) Earth Auger Bit Adapter (327687-6)
- (1) Earth Auger Bit Adapter, Type A (327684-2)
- (1) Chuck Key (763251-3)
- No Load Speed (var. 2 spd) : 0 - 350 / 0 - 1,400 RPM
- Maximum Hole Diameter (in.) : 8"
- Maximum Hole Depth (in.) : 41"
- Overall Length : 33"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 17.9 lbs.
- Net Weight (without battery) : 15.1 lbs.
- Shipping Weight : 27.56 lbs.
- UPC Code : 088381-730600