The 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless Cut-Out Tool (XOC02Z, tool only) is a powerful and efficient solution for drywall contractors. The Makita-built BL™ Brushless motor delivers 32,000 RPM for faster cutting, providing the cutting performance and power of a corded tool without the hassles of a cord.
The XOC02Z has a large cutting capacity, cutting up to 2x drywall. Other features include built-in twin L.E.D. lights to illuminate the work area, vent slots to direct air and debris away from the operator, a soft start for smoother start-ups, and an electric brake for maximum productivity.
It accepts 1/8” and ¼” bits. A large and conveniently located shaft lock button provides fast bit changes. On-board bit change capabilities eliminate the need for a wrench. Also, the cut-out tool offers tool-less depth adjustments.
For efficient dust extraction, the XOC02Z is AWS-capable with Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (198901-5, sold separately). Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS™) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor.
Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is a protective seal inside the tool, designed to improve a tool’s operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Makita-built BL™ Brushless motor delivers 32,000 RPM for faster cutting
- Power to cut up to 2 layered drywall sheets
- Weighs only 3.7 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Built-in twin L.E.D. lights with afterglow function illuminate the work area
- Vent slots direct air and debris away from the operator
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smoother start-ups and longer gear life
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- Quick and easy "tool-less" depth adjustment
- On board bit change capabilities eliminates need for wrench
- Large and conveniently located shaft lock button for fast bit changes
- Accepts both 1/8" and 1/4" bits
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- AWS™ capable with Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS™) utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and optional dust extractor
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers